Sunday 18 March 2018

Tech Trauma Wall Art

For this project I combined Andy's gorgeous Tech Trauma stamps with Stampendous
Embossing powders on a brayered background and made myself a little bit of wall art!
Below is a pic of the framed piece, another close up where I've tried to show the bling,
and a brief description of how it came together! 
 The finished artwork I've popped into an Ikea box frame.
I made my own mount as theirs was too small, full details and a few more pics here!
It's a bit moody but still sparkles!!! 
 First brayer a nice thick layer of DecoArt White Gesso - love this gesso as it is a fabulously
thick consistency so that gives all the layers to come a great, textured base. After the Gesso
I layered up all the paints listed below, going back in with more layers
until I was happy with the coverage and colours.
Once all the paint was dry I then did some random background stamping with my
'feature stamp' which I did upside down.
I can get away with it being that way up because this is such a textured piece;
the detailed writing part of the stamp kinda gets lost in the background and is not defined enough for you to see the text is upside down, (though the writing shows beautifully on less lumpy surfaces).
 I triple embossed with 3 types of powders from the Stampendous Encrusted Jewel set.
On the final layer I have my inked stamp ready and quickly press it into the melted
powders really firmly while they are still molten.
I hadn't let the paper fully dry when I heated the embossing powder, so
it buckled a bit. but once all the embossing powders were fully cooled
I just stuck it under some heavy books and it was fine!
That's it! Thanks for looking. Suz x


Products used:
Illusionary Artist Tech Trauma Stamp Set IAAS1004 by Andy Skinner
DecoArt Media paints:
White Gesso, and fluid acrylics: Primary Cyan, Prussian Blue Hue, Intrference Blue, Carbon Black and Titanium White
Stampendous Enamels from the Frantage Encrusted Jewel Blue Kit (colours used were Shabby Blue, Royal Blue and Silver Halo)
Other products used: Versamark and Archival ink pads, a mini brayer, card for the base and pearlised card for the mount
http://www.andyskinnercrafts.com/store/c10/Illusionary_Artists_Stamps.html

https://decoart.com/


https://www.stampendous.com/

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this really has impact! I just LOVE the texture and colours you have used Suz! Amazing work! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Suz loving it! it feels very much like I am gazing at the stars in the galaxy that are swirling around the focal image. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. very awesome canvas! I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Suz, gorgeous colours and wonderful design - a beautiful piece of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous colours, steps and design Suz, love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool Suz! Looks like a fun project!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.